**Please note: Many of our bassets do not make it to our web site. If we have an approved adoptive family who we feel would be a good match, we contact these families first. If you are interested in adoption, be sure to complete our adoption application which can be found at this link, to be approved for our waiting list.
Scarlett is a very sweet, approximately 5 year old girl who has had a rough life thus far. Sadly, she has known no life other than that of a puppy mill breeding machine.
In the few weeks that Scarlett has been in foster care, she has made huge strides. She arrived terrified of everything, having never been in a house, on stairs, in a vehicle, etc. It was heartbreaking for her foster family to watch her cower at everything. Scarlett is now learning to trust and to be a real dog!
The latest update from her foster mum details:
- Scarlett has learned to play with the other dogs! She plays very nicely.
- She can now go up and down stairs.
- She walks very well on a leash when there is another dog with her. She doesn't like to go alone. LOVES walks.
- She is not used to riding in a car but is getting much better. Again more-so when a friend is with her.
- She likes to go on furniture now and sleeps in the human's bed.
- She is crate trained and goes in the crate herself.
- She is very timid, and when new people come to the house she barks at them and runs away. Does better with women.
- Scarlett has discovered treats and bones and LOVES them. She waits in line and takes them nicely.
- She will do best with routine and is doing well with the housetraining, though she does still have accidents. She likes people to go out in the yard with her.
- Does like to see what is on the counter once in a while.
- Does well with cats.
- Her tail is always wagging when she gets to know you.
Scarlett is currently living with 3 other bassets hounds and has bonded quite strongly. She will need a forever home with at least one other dog in the family.
Scarlett is likely to regress a bit with a move and so will need lots of time and patience to adjust to a new home, and to learn she will always be safe and loved.
If you feel that you are right home for this sweet girl, please complete an adoption application. If you already have an approved application on file, please email
and let us know you are interested in Scarlett.
Courtesy Listing - Molly
Molly - Approx 4.5 years old
50 lbs, mixed breed possibly collie
UTD on shots, spayed, has Heatrworm and flea and tick meds
Molly is an amazing dog, she really would like her chance to find her own humans to live her life with. She was brought from the island St. Maarten in 2014 when a shelter closed there and WestJet moved a lot of the dogs from there to Canada. She has been in a long term foster home that now cannot look after her anymore.
Molly is a real pleaser, she is smart and looks to her humans for how she can be the best she can be to make them happy. She will rest if you are, run if you are, only barks when she is scared, like someone at the door. Her only problem is she does not like other dogs, especially in the home, so she needs a one dog home. She can be timid at first meeting, especially with men, but warms up fast.
Molly has lots of affection to give, is very clean, walks well on a leash and knows basic commands.
If you are looking for a great sidekick, she is the one!
If you can give Molly the loving home she deserves, please complete an adoption application. If you already have an approved application on file, please email
and let us know you are interested in Molly the mixed breed girl.
Stay tuned for more bassets coming soon . . .